Ensure that the club meets its fitness programming sales goals and the fitness department meets or exceeds budget goals for revenue while maintaining control of all labor and other costs to meet or exceed profit objectives. Conduct the necessary marketing activities to generate the required number of monthly fitness assessments and complimentary personal training sessions. Through a consultative sales process ensure the fitness team sells fitness programming to 25 – 50% of the prospects who attend assessments/complimentary sessions. Ensure that all club members are provided with effective programming, coaching and support to reach their wellness goals. Ensure that all fitness staff provides an optimal member experience. Work to achieve the goal of completing at least 1 fitness appointment with all new members enrolling.
Certifications: Nationally accredited certification such N.A.S.M., N.S.C.A., A.C.S.M., A.C.E., or A.F.A.A. and current CPR. – Certification must be current.
Education: Preferred B.S. in a health and fitness related field.
Experience: Minimum of 1 years of experience as a personal trainer – management and sales experience required.
Physical Job Requirements: Job requires lifting of moderate to heavy weights on a regular basis.
- Ensure the fitness department generates the required number of monthly assessments/complimentary sessions necessary to achieve fitness programming goals.
- Ensure that trainers do not work more than 40 hours in a given week or 10 hours in a day to prevent overtime expense, and ensure that all fitness staff clock in and clock out for each shift and for all breaks.
- Personally clock in and clock out for all shifts worked and breaks and do not exceed 50 hours per week of total worktime without obtaining permission from the Club Owner or your direct designated supervisor.
- Ensure that staff who are between shifts not only clock out but remove Workout Anytime Uniform when not working and in the club.
- Ensure that all training staff has either a valid and current personal training certification from a nationally accredited certifying body including but not limited to ACE, AFAA, NASM, NSCA, and ACSM OR a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field such as Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Biomechanics, etc.
- Keep copies of all trainers’ current certifications on file to be available for inspection at any time.
- Ensure that the fitness team conducts fitness assessments (Success Sessions) with at least 50% of new members enrolled.
- Ensure that the fitness team confirms all appointments the previous day.
- Ensure that the fitness team enrolls at least 30% of all prospects completing a fitness assessment or complimentary session in a fee based fitness program.
- Oversee all fitness staff to ensure they display a friendly, attentive and service oriented approach to all clients.
- Personally conduct fitness assessments, complimentary training sessions, and personal training sessions as required to maximize PT Sales and Retention.
- Help to ensure that the club is clean, well maintained, and that all equipment works properly.
- Reconcile all fitness programming revenue with sessions conducted and commissions to be paid and calculate and submit payroll for all fitness staff.
- Conduct on-going fitness and sales training with all fitness staff and ensure that all fitness staff maintains legally required certifications including CPR/AED.
- Communicate with all fitness staff through meetings, memo books and direct contact to insure they are kept up to date on developments that affect the member experience.
- Personally contact all new members to welcome them to the club and ensure they attend their fitness assessment and complimentary training session/s.
- Personally participate in fitness continuing education to maintain and improve your expertise
- Coach and mentor each personal trainers and provide continuing education for the PT Team in the form of individual weekly meetings, regular audits of each trainer’s phone skills, assessment and selling skills, and program development and exercise coaching skills.
- Provide ongoing education in the form of required reading for training staff on program design, functional exercise, nutrition, etc.
- Ensure that each trainer completes the Evolution Nutrition and Fitmetrix Education Curriculum to ensure they are competent using nutrition software and heart rate monitoring software.
- Create and update all fitness staff schedules to insure proper coverage.
- Review and update job descriptions and accountability grids for all fitness on a quarterly basis.
- Conduct semi-annual performance reviews with all fitness staff.
- Personally clock in and out for all shifts worked including lunch and other breaks.
- Ensure all fitness staff maintains appropriate certifications including CPR/AED.
- Ensure that we take pictures of all new PT clients (front, side, and rear views) AND that we take pictures again after 4 – 6 weeks or as clients make progress to document that progress with our clients and at the same time obtain written testimonials from all clients. Prior to taking any pictures have client sign photo release form.
- Following Workout Anytime Policies and Procedures insure that client before and after photos and testimonials are regularly posted on club’s Facebook and other social media accounts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Workout Anytime does more than get people into the best shape of their lives. It is a place to explore potential, test the boundaries and push everyone to be the best they can be—whether it be our franchise partners, our members or ourselves. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Our culture thrives by embracing innovation and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Workout Anytime, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving environment.
Workout Anytime History:
Starting in the early 1970’s, WORKOUT ANYTIME founders John Quattrocchi (John Q) and Steve Strickland worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, including Bally and American Fitness. Together, they developed the Workout Anytime Franchise concept starting from humble beginnings in Douglasville, Georgia, in suburban Atlanta. True to their pioneering spirit, they soon found themselves leading the wave of the fastest-growing fitness segment by applying their winning formula of Quality, Value, and Convenience.
To provide the most convenient, first class fitness experience, open every hour of every day, with the best equipment, superior service and cleanliness, in a neighborhood atmosphere where everyone knows your name.
Become the most admired company in the fitness industry, and our Values are based on three principles: “Think Big, Keep it Simple, and Do it with Integrity.”
It is with this foundation that we are committed to enhancing the quality of life through fitness and health.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)