The sales position is focused on obtaining new club memberships. This is accomplished primarily through calling leads generated through marketing activities, cold calling prospects, club tours and contests. Sales reps are expected to meet challenging monthly quotas and must be productive within 30 days of starting. Great sales reps must be able to quickly identify potential member’s needs and use solution-selling techniques to close the sale. They must be able to present the customer a solution to their specific needs using the products and services offered by the club. This is a competitive sales position, with the clear objective of always meeting quota and constant improvement. Cooperation in a team environment is also essential.
The following are the specific performance objectives for the position. In assessing competency and fit, all candidates will be benchmarked against these standards.
- Achieve Quota: Consistently meet or exceed a quota of 50 new club memberships per month within 60-days. While this goal will vary month to month, on average a good sales rep will generate 50 new memberships each month. Monthly quotas should be adjusted seasonally January, February and March might be 50-60 sales while other months may be 35-30. (Competencies: competitiveness, work-ethic, motivation)
- Call all Leads Within Two Days and Convert 30% into Appointments: Reps must call back each assigned lead within 48 hours, quickly engage the potential customer by understanding their reasons for wanting to join a club, and use a variety of persuasive and selling techniques to convert 30% of these calls into a scheduled tour of the facilities. (cold calling, verbal communications, adaptability, listening, selling, rapport building, persuasiveness)
- Effectively Plan Each Sales Day: Great reps will spend 45-minutes to an hour each day preparing and planning for their next day. They will identify who they will meet, calls they will make, goals and the expected outcomes of their efforts. Great reps will also quickly review their approach for each scheduled club tour and customize their approach based on the information they collected from the person on the phone. (organizing, planning, diligence, ability to summarize quickly, doesn’t over-prep)
- Conduct Effective Club Tours: Within two weeks, know the core products offered by the club and be in a position to quickly (10-15 minutes) understand a typical potential member’s needs. Present the club’s product line as a solution to the customer’s needs appealing to their emotions and preferred buying methodology. Within 30-days, great reps will consistently conduct five club tours each day and maintain an overall close ratio greater than 50%. (customer needs analysis, analytical skills, solution selling, insight, intelligence, develop connections, ability to learn and apply skills)
- Become Product Expert: Proactively learn all aspects of the club’s programs and services during the first seven days. Develop examples of all key benefits by product offering. Personally participate in all aspects of the club’s offerings and develop a series of techniques to present these products as solutions to specific customer needs. (desire and ability to learn/apply, initiative, self-improvement, goal oriented, creativity)
- Work with Team to Provide Excellent Customer Service: Develop strong awareness of total team approach to service customers in the club. Proactively meet all key team members, understand key needs, and develop approaches to maximize group effectiveness. (team skills, cooperation, understanding, sensitivity)
- Assist in Implementing Local Marketing: (Optional) Some clubs require sales reps to spend a portion of their time (as much as 2-3 hours a day) in the field calling on businesses, placing lead boxes, door hangers, flyers on cars and implementing other promotions. (Face-to-face cold calling, diligence, responsibility, integrity, attention to detail, teamwork.)
- Visit each club in region/market(s) a minimum once per quarter
- Conduct phone meetings with each club in region/market(s) a minimum once per week
- Deep understanding of all Workout Anytime business systems, including ABC DatatTrak, ABC Club Reporting System as well as other business and operating systems implemented from Home Office from time to time
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- A team player, with the ability to work within the organization to achieve company objectives
- Excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge and passion for fitness
- Outstanding organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Demonstrated ability to sell and train others to sell.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Flexibility in response to unexpected changes in work assignments.
- Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization and members.
- Must have knowledge of office administrative procedures.
- Proficiency in computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WOA - Cape
Workout Anytime does more than get people into the best shape of their lives. It is a place to explore potential, test the boundaries and push everyone to be the best they can be—whether it be our franchise partners, our members or ourselves. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Our culture thrives by embracing innovation and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Workout Anytime, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving environment.
Workout Anytime History:
Starting in the early 1970’s, WORKOUT ANYTIME founders John Quattrocchi (John Q) and Steve Strickland worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, including Bally and American Fitness. Together, they developed the Workout Anytime Franchise concept starting from humble beginnings in Douglasville, Georgia, in suburban Atlanta. True to their pioneering spirit, they soon found themselves leading the wave of the fastest-growing fitness segment by applying their winning formula of Quality, Value, and Convenience.
To provide the most convenient, first class fitness experience, open every hour of every day, with the best equipment, superior service and cleanliness, in a neighborhood atmosphere where everyone knows your name.
Become the most admired company in the fitness industry, and our Values are based on three principles: “Think Big, Keep it Simple, and Do it with Integrity.”
It is with this foundation that we are committed to enhancing the quality of life through fitness and health.
Company Website: www.workoutanytime.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)