Create and provide high quality fitness instruction in a small group training setting. Maximize member participation in all classes. Provide quality customer service to all participants in class, regardless of fitness level, appearance, or otherwise. Enforce all program policies and procedures as it pertains to the class. Attend all staff meetings.
Job Classification: Part Time
Reports to: General Manager or Program Director
- Certifications: Certification in group exercise or personal training from a nationally accredited certifying body including but not limited to: NASM, AFAA, ACE, ACSM, or NSCA. If not currently certified do so within first 3 Months of Employment
- CPR/AED: Current certification in CPR from Red Cross, American Heart Association, or other similar
- Physical Job Requirements: Job requires lifting moderate to heavy weights on a regular basis
- Consistently offer the highest level of personalized member service while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic and helpful attitude.
- Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in fitness industry best practices for group training.
- Arrive prior to all scheduled classes to set-up space, greet participants, answer questions and address concerns.
- Take attendance of all group training participants and insure all participants are eligible for participation in each class.
- Maintain a high level of personal physical conditioning to set an appropriate example for participants and be able to lead a class through personal example. Dress appropriately for each session.
- Learn the names of all session attendees.
- Communicate and interact with members in the club to generate maximum levels of group training participation to meet or exceed revenue and participation targets set by club management.
- Demonstrate awareness of all club membership, personal training, weight loss and programming offers to be able to effectively communicate this information to members.
- Respond to member and guest concerns, suggestions and complaints in a timely, professional and consistent manner. If you are unable to resolve the issue, please communicate the issue to the Fitness Director or General Manager in a timely fashion.
- Clock in and out for all work shifts and breaks.
- Attend regularly scheduled meeting for department and with Management.
- Requires an outgoing personality with the ability to effectively communicate with people.
- Requires a sincere interest and enthusiasm in one’s own fitness and helping others achieve their health and fitness goals.
- Requires the ability and desire to learn more about fitness, interpersonal communications, and marketing strategies.
- Holds or will complete a nationally accredited Personal Training or Group Exercise Certification or 4 Year Degree in a Related Field within 3 months of hiring. Also required to attend and complete Workout Anytime MX4 Coach Workshop.
WOA - Cape
Workout Anytime does more than get people into the best shape of their lives. It is a place to explore potential, test the boundaries and push everyone to be the best they can be—whether it be our franchise partners, our members or ourselves. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Our culture thrives by embracing innovation and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Workout Anytime, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving environment.
Workout Anytime History:
Starting in the early 1970’s, WORKOUT ANYTIME founders John Quattrocchi (John Q) and Steve Strickland worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, including Bally and American Fitness. Together, they developed the Workout Anytime Franchise concept starting from humble beginnings in Douglasville, Georgia, in suburban Atlanta. True to their pioneering spirit, they soon found themselves leading the wave of the fastest-growing fitness segment by applying their winning formula of Quality, Value, and Convenience.
To provide the most convenient, first class fitness experience, open every hour of every day, with the best equipment, superior service and cleanliness, in a neighborhood atmosphere where everyone knows your name.
Become the most admired company in the fitness industry, and our Values are based on three principles: “Think Big, Keep it Simple, and Do it with Integrity.”
It is with this foundation that we are committed to enhancing the quality of life through fitness and health.
Company Website: www.workoutanytime.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)